Driver Training Markham
The Taxi Academy is located at 80 Acadia Avenue, Suite 200 in Canadian Business Skills College near the intersection of Warden and Steeles Ave. East. There is a bus stop close by and there is free parking to the rear of the property.
All new taxi drivers must take a mandatory online courses, topics include:
- Communication Essentials
- Conflict Management, Safety, Decision Making, By-laws, & Taxi Operations
- Customers with Special Needs
- Map Reading/Routing
New driver students must attain a score of at least 75% on their first attempt at the exam and 85% on any subsequent test attempt.
In addition to successfully completing the course and exam new taxi drivers must submit to the City of Markham licensing:
- A driver’s abstract from Service Ontario
- A criminal clearance report from York Region Police Service
- An employment letter from a Markham taxi brokerage
- Proof of employment eligibility
- Medical Clearance
New drivers should not acquire these documents until after successful completion of the course as they are all time sensitive to a maximum of 36 days from issue.
The cost of the course is $300.00 plus study materials charge of $26.00.