Driver Training Hamilton
So you are considering a career as a taxi driver?
The City of Hamilton has a new licensing process that makes it fast, easy and less expensive than ever before to get you into taxi industry as soon as possible.
Probationary license- 90 days
Effective with the above date all new taxi drivers can receive a 90 day probationary taxi license from the City of Hamilton when they present the following documents to the licensing office.
- A criminal record search for employment purposes less than 36 days from issuance
- A Service Ontario driver’s record search less than 36 days from issuance
- A broker ‘employment’ letter indicating they meet the requirements of the broker
- The applicant must sign a declaration that he will follow the provisions of the bylaw relating to the duties of the driver
- The applicant must undertake to sign up and complete the online training program and complete a one day service and skills training program within the 60 day probationary period. The fee is $326. Call Taxi Academy at 905-381-4296
- Extensions will not be granted and only a one time probationary license may be granted
- Applicants should be aware that insurance requirements and insurance experience may have stricter criteria than the broker and the bylaw for licensing and the applicant may have issues getting insured.
- Upon proof of successful completion of the training and successful completion of the probationary period the applicant may be granted a full license with payment of the applicable fee.
- Skills and service training can be arranged by calling the taxi academy at 905-381-4296 from 1-5 pm Monday-Friday.